Sunday, May 16, 2021

How Jennifer Weiner Survived the Mean Girls

 
 
The best-selling author endured the bullying of her childhood. Now she's teaching her children there's another way.
[ view in browser.     add elle@newsletter.elle.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Elle
 
BREAKING NEWS
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube
 
 
How Jennifer Weiner Survived the Mean Girls
 
It happens every time, in every city, with every book tour.

I'll do a reading, and talk about my new book—where I got the inspiration, how I decided on a setting, which characters were my favorites, what messages I hope readers take away. I'll answer questions from the audience; then, when there's no global pandemic, I'll sit and sign books and pose for pictures. Readers wait in line patiently. They wrap their arms around me, and press their cheeks close to mine as we smile for the camera.

And every time, at least one woman touches my arm, and says, "I feel like we could be best friends!" I smile back, and say something polite. And every time, my heart breaks a little bit. Because, every time, a voice inside of me says, Where were you when I was in junior high?

READ ON
 

READ MORE
 
ELLE
 
Sophie Turner Stuns in a Sheer Black Bodysuit in This New Instagram Selfie
 
She completed the look with a sleek ponytail. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Ashley Olsen Went Out in a Chic Oversized Shirt and Black Suit-Coat in NYC
 
Ashley Olsen showed off a New York spring look on Friday night when she was seen in Manhattan Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's Friendship Is Reportedly 'Moving in a Romantic Direction'
 
This report follows the news of their Montana trip earlier this month. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
All About Halle Berry's Boyfriend, Van Hunt
 
She revealed she was dating him with a cryptic photo last August. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
See Rare New Photos of Amy Adams's 11-Year-Old Lookalike Daughter, Aviana
 
The family is currently in Ireland, where Adams is filming the sequel to 'Enchanted.' Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
ELLE.com
©2021 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
Unsubscribe     Privacy Notice
 
 

No comments: