Sunday, November 1, 2020

I Broke Up With My Boyfriend Because He Refused to Wear a Mask

 
 
He won't get vaccinated or vote either!
[ view in browser.     add elle@newsletter.elle.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Elle
 
BREAKING NEWS
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube
 
 
I Broke Up With My Boyfriend Because He Refused to Wear a Mask
 
This year has been tough on a lot of relationships, but for one New Yorker, it was extra difficult as the pandemic revealed new sides of her boyfriend, a 34-year-old working in tech. Here, the 35-year-old publicist (who wishes to remain anonymous) tells her story.

In January 2020, my then-boyfriend moved into my studio apartment in Manhattan. We had been dating for nine months and things were going really well. I have lived with a guy before and I was ready for him to move in, but this was a big step for him because I was his first serious girlfriend.

On paper, we made sense. When we met, I remember thinking, this is who I've always pictured myself with. He checked all of the boxes: he's tall, has a great smile, and wears stylish glasses, is successful and motivated in his career, has a really warm personality, and a quirky sense of humor. We connected most over our love of food and cooking; on our second date we went grocery shopping and made a big meal together. Things were going so well that just four months into our relationship, he introduced me to his parents. I was a little surprised that he introduced me so soon, but I was also very happy. I had never dated anyone who did that and have always craved being included in a family.

Then, after just two months of living together, COVID came to town, and like many couples, we transitioned to working from home. It didn't last long.

READ ON
 

READ MORE
 
ELLE
 
Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Share First Family Photo With Their Daughter for Halloween
 
The family all dressed up. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Cardi B Outdid Everyone Else With This Medusa Costume
 
Seriously, it's hard to do better than this. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Here's Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes Kissing in Their Halloween Costumes
 
You knew this was coming. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Chrissy Teigen Got a Tattoo to Honor Her Son Jack After His Death
 
"Jack will always be loved, explained to our kids as existing in the wind and trees and the butterflies they see," she wrote in an essay last week. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
How Meghan Markle and Her Team Feel About the High Court's Decision to Delay U.K. Tabloid Trial
 
Meghan's team will seek a summary judgement, which would prevent any possible trial from ever being public. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
ELLE.com
©2020 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
Unsubscribe     Privacy Notice
 
 

No comments: