Sunday, November 29, 2020

My Baby Sister Lisa Did a Terrible Thing. We Shouldn't Kill Her For It.

 
 
[ view in browser.     add elle@newsletter.elle.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Elle
 
BREAKING NEWS
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube
 
 
My Baby Sister Lisa Did a Terrible Thing. We Shouldn't Kill Her For It.
 
It was a drizzly morning in Ogden, Kansas. I was eight years old, living in a trailer park with my abusive step-mom Judy who, after screaming on the phone for what seemed like an hour, was now squatting down in front of me. "Well," she hissed in my face, "they're coming to take you away, hope you're happy."

I was. In fact, I'd never been happier. But when two child protective services workers knocked on our front door later that day, my heart sank to my stomach. I was finally going into foster care, but Lisa, my little sister and best friend, was staying behind. She was four years younger than me, with wispy hair, and a sweet demeanor. When I turned back to take one last look of her, there was terror in her bright green eyes.

That was 1969. I didn't see Lisa again until 2007, when I testified at her sentencing hearing for brutally murdering a pregnant woman named Bobbie Jo Stinnett; she cut the baby out of Stinnett's belly with a knife. On the stand, Lisa looked just as scared as the day I left her 36 years ago.

READ ON
 

READ MORE
 
ELLE
 
Kylie and Kendall Jenner Joke About Their History of Dating Rappers and Basketball Players in Hilarious TikTok
 
This is pretty good. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Watch Jennifer Lopez and Her Family Have a Fun Virtual Dance Party With Her Fans
 
Once again, feeling FOMO. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
ELLE
 
The Kardashians Had a Big Family Gathering for Thanksgiving, Ignoring CDC COVID Guidelines
 
The Kardashian-Jenners have been met with a lot of criticism for how they are handling this pandemic. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Drake Shares Rare Photo of His Son Adonis In a New Instagram Post
 
This is the cutest father-son cuddle moment. Read On
 
 
 
ELLE
 
Noah Jupe Really Wants to Be 'The Undoing' Killer
 
"No one's expecting the journey you're going to go through in the sixth episode." Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
ELLE.com
©2020 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
Unsubscribe     Privacy Notice
 
 

No comments: